Mornings are not my forte, so having go-to breakfast recipes like this one, just makes the whole dreadful process easier. My husband loves it, my kid loves it, I love it, it's nutritious, and easy to make––what else could you want?! The key to it is having:
- A base combo of 2 fruit that pair well (haha, get the pun?)
- A couple handful of superfood greens
- 1-2 cups of the liquid base
- A touch of sweeteners
- A scoop of protein powder
My fall-back morning smoothie is strawberry banana. I buy the frozen strawberries from Costco at a super economical price, so that big bag sits in my bottom freezer ready to save my day. Below is my fall-back concoction, but use the formula above to make it your own!
My Fall-Back Morning Smoothie
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored almond milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- 2 handfuls of kale or spinach
- 1 (or 2) scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 2-3 dates (optional)
Blend it until perfection, and serve. Feel free to swap out/in some ingredients to make it your own. And if you have a concoction that's your favorite, share it in the comments! I'd love to try it!